Tuesday, January 18, 2005

34 Weeks




Here I am at 34 weeks. This weekend was special because it was the 7-month "mitoni" ceremony held for my 7th month of pregnancy (even though I am already 8 months along) in conjunction with a wayang kulit, or shadow puppet show, at the home of my gamelan teacher. I plan to write up a more complete description either on this blog or on our www.duelliscool.net website soon, but for now the pictures will have to suffice. In short, the ceremony part of the evening involved me, 7 sarongs, 10 gallons of rose water, coins, a raw egg, and a coconut.

Thanks also to Karen, Jessica, Veronika, Kristi, Alyson, Dee, and my mom, who have all posted! I love reading the comments and will try to be better about responding to them. Jessica, whoever came up with the idea for the belly shots is truly a genius. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the greater Chicago/northern Illinois/Indiana weather!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey!
HAVE YOU TAKEN A MEASUREMENT AROUND THAT BELLY? ARE YOUR CLOTHES STILL FITTING? ONLY 37 DAYS TO GO ACCORDING TO YOUR CHART. CAN YOU STILL SEE YOUR FEET?
love, Mom

8:00 AM  
Blogger Alicia Duell said...

Hi Mom! I haven't taken any measurements, I've had to eliminate a few pairs of maternity pants because they've gotten too small, and when I checked last night, yes, I can still see my feet! I keep misjudging my newly increased depth, however, so I keep bumping my belly on things that I used to be able to slide right by!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really can't say enough how great you look. It's all just belly! You don't even look prego in the face or arms, not to name names but remeber an old boss of ours whose arms trippled in size...see now if you were still with Mellon you could the 'hot' pregnate lady! Remember her? Give that belly a kiss for me and be sure to keep paying Britney Spears for him/her so they come out dancing! Miss you! Love Jess

12:58 PM  
Blogger Alicia Duell said...

Ha ha! Thanks Jessica for the nice comments and yes I think I remember who you were referring to (I don't plan to get the baby's name tattooed on my ankle, either...). I definitely want this baby to come out dancing so I better start playing the Britney and Madonna to turn it into a dance machine!

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you guys saying that there is something wrong with a tatoo the size of a skyscraper on a leg?!?!? Alicia, I can totally symphathize with the misperception of depth comment...can't tell you how many permanent stains I have on t-shirts from leaning into bowls, plates, and cups while trying to do dishes...I even got to the point where I started cooking on the back burner because I would lean a little too close to the front ones while cooking! I hope you are feeling as great as you look! And as for Ian's comments on buying baby stuff, tell him to count his blessings...you only have to do it with the first one! :-)Kristi

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker